Bunny the Artist

Monday, August 27, 2007

Bunny the artist has gone to the rainbow bridge


It's been a month since Bunny the artist passed away. I have not been able to post until now. I had to have him put to sleep because his arthritis got so bad that he lost his appetite. When he rejected pears (his favorite fruit) and stopped sculpting carrots, I knew it was time to let him go. He has left a huge hole in our lives, for such a small pet he had a very large presence and an even bigger eco footprint! He was "top dog" in the house and we all miss him terribly.

I know he has some fans out there who will miss his carrot sculptures but there are still quite a number of unpublished works that I will be putting up soon so don't go away yet. Thank you to everyone who has sent well wishes, I am sure Bunny the artist is hanging out with the great Oolong - head performance master bunny of Japan! Here's the last photo of Bunny the artist pictured with BooBoo the chocolate labrador.
-Bunny the artist's mom.

8 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger DK & The Fluffies said...

We just discovered your blog, nose bumps to you.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I discovered your blog through the Daily Bunny blog, and have truly enjoyed your originality and bunny's creativity. I'm sorry for your loss, but am looking forward to seeing the unpublished works!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hi there! i, too, found your blog through dailybunny.com and sympathize for your loss. bunny was a lucky rabbit to have you for a person. for bunny to have such a sparkling personality and artistic flare, that must have come from lots of love & attention (you!). you gave bunny the best life a rabbit could ever hope for. i look forward to reading more stories and seeing the unpublished works - - keep writing!!

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im so sorry, Bunny the Artist was a good bun. Im sure he is doing binkies and sculpting carrots over the rainbow bridge

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

I've only just discovered your blog, sorry for your loss. We lost a rabbit last year and there's still a big hole in our lives. Bunny was obviously a great artist, I'll check out the archives...

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger Bunny the Artist said...

Thankyou for all your nice comments. I am so happy to be able to share Bunny's art =:o)

 
At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just stumbled on you blog, and was commenting on Bunny's adventures.. I didn't realise Bunny had gone across the Rainbow Bridge until I scrolled further down. I'm so sorry..

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Carlton Jamal said...

Sleep tight darling Bunny. Here's hoping there's special bunny chocolate at the bridge xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home